Thursday, November 04, 2010

BIRTHDAY

So as many of you know today is mine and Dylan’s birthday, she is now 9 and I am still 24. She was born the day the Diamondbacks won the World Series, the year on 9/11. When 9/11 happened I really had this strong feeling of why people were bringing children into this crazy world. The world seemed so crazy, well 9 years later it is still a crazy world and I have 4 more children to wonder about.  I have watched as Dylan has grown and seen The Lord’s plan for her. I have seen how her strong, fighting, fierce, understanding, wild spirit has taken shape to deal with the onslaught the world has to offer her generation. I have often wondered
if this world can withstand the force of goodness she is just barely coming to understand she has, or if the world will fight to bring her down? I know the world will fight her, but I believe that she was sent to me so I could pass on the strength I have been given by my mother to her and her sisters. They will need this strength to make it in the world today and tomorrow. The fight she will face, she will not face alone. She will have the past generations of strong women to help her along the way. Her great-grandma Garrett, who raised 10 kids and was married during WWII, her grandma Gibbons who was raised in a family of 10 and was in the middle of 6 boys, three older three younger, and me  who has shown her that education can change everything and The Lord will make it all possible. She has learned that no matter what stick to your guns, and then the going gets tough, the tough get going, so pull your butt up off the ground and get going.  Happy Birthday Dylan!
If this didn't make you cry, let me know and I will try harder next time. It made me cry.

2 comments:

kyooty said...

hi, I just found you because well I clicked on my own profile and you were listed occupation "The Mom" too. hehe Then i find out your lovely Dylan was born 2days after my AJ due. He ended up showing up in October. I wanted to comment because I can totally identify with the idea of "why am I bringing a child into this world" I had an OB appointment the afternoon of 9/11, and that was the only think I could think of sitting in that waiting room.
I'm so very glad we did bring children into this world! Look at them now!:) nice to "meet" you :)

Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT

Ross' favorite sign.

Ross' favorite sign.